Zoom is a video conferencing application used for classes when classes are held online. Students use it for meeting peers online for group projects. You may be able to record Zoom sessions for review later if permitted by the instructor.
Instruction on using Zoom for R-MC classes
Finally, make sure your laptop is on R-MC network (and NOT on R-MC Connect or other network)
Next, activate and sign into your R-MC Zoom account properly.
If you do not activate your account, you will not be able to join class sessions through Canvas or use other features. If you activated your R-MC Zoom account in a previous semester, it is still active.
To activate and sign into your R-MC Zoom account:
If you plan to use your mobile device for Zoom class meetings, download the Zoom App from Google Play or the App Store.
Now your R-MC Zoom account is activated and properly signed in!
Finally, make sure your laptop is on R-MC network (NOT R-MC Connect or other network)
If your laptop connects through R-MC Connect or other network, you will keep losing connectivity. Please refer to the resources at https://gormc.sharepoint.com/its/SitePages/Connect.aspx for connecting your laptop to the R-MC network.
You can join a class Zoom session through Canvas (R-MC's learning management system) or directly through the Zoom website or application.
Join a Meeting from a Canvas Course
Joining Zoom in a Canvas course
The Zoom link is visible in the course navigation (left side of the screen).
While a course instructor can schedule and start a video conference from inside the Canvas course, students cannot schedule or start a Zoom meeting from inside Canvas.
Join a Class Meeting Using a Meeting ID
Most instructors use Canvas to schedule class Zoom meetings. You must have your account activated in order to join them inside the Canvas course site. You can use the Zoom Meeting ID to join a class session.
Join through the Zoom Desktop Application
1. Open the Zoom Application on your computer.
2. Select Sign in with SSO. Then enter rmc for domain,
and sign in with your R-MC username and password.
3. Click the Join Meeting icon
4. Enter the meeting ID or personal link name you received from the meeting host
5. Select whether to connect your video and audio
6. Click Join.
Join through your Browser
1. Navigate to https://rmc.zoom.us. Chrome and Firefox browsers work best.
2. Sign in with your R-MC username and password.
3. Click Join a Meeting in the upper right corner of your screen
4. Enter the Meeting ID or Personal Link Name and click Join
You can easily join or host Zoom meetings on your mobile device.
1. Download the Zoom application from the Google Play or the App Store
2. Open the app and click Sign In, and select SSO.
3. Enter rmc for domain. Login with your R-MC username and password.
To explore additional features, visit:
Try these tools to have a better Zoom experience with your classes, classmates, or friends! There are links to instructions after each listed item. Both video instructions and written instructions are provided when available.
You can host and schedule meetings through the Zoom application or your browser. View more options here.
Use the following instructions to schedule a meeting through your browser. Chrome and Firefox work best.
|1. Go to rmc.zoom.us and click the Sign In button.|
2. Sign in using your R-MC username and password. This may not be required if you are already signed into the network on another application
|3. Click Schedule a Meeting near the top right corner of your screen.|
|4. Enter a clear topic or title for your meeting in the Topic field.|
5. Choose when to start your meeting and the duration of the meeting on a given day.
6. Check the box next to Recurring Meeting if this meeting will happen regularly.
7. Select the frequency of your meeting using the Recurrence and Repeat every dropdown menus.
8. Check the boxes next to the days of the week on which you will hold your meetings.
9. Select an End date for the last date of meetings (often this corresponds to the end of a project, semester, or school year.)
|10. Choose other settings as you desire, but be sure to check the box next to Enable waiting room to help keep your meeting secure. This will allow you to only admit participants you recognize.|
|11. Click the blue Save button at the bottom.|
|12. Copy the Invite Link to share with meeting participants.|
To schedule through the Zoom app, open the app and select the Schedule icon. Then complete the steps outlined above.
You can prevent Zoombombing and other interruptions by putting some security measures in place when you are scheduling Zoom meetings.
Zoom has thorough documentation covering basic and advanced features, and their guides are usually available in both video and text formats. If you have questions not addressed in this page, please visit their support page to learn more.