Course Reserves are any supplemental materials that support a class.
- All physical items (e.g., books, DVDs, CDs) that are on reserve for a class can be picked up at the Information Desk on the first floor of the McGraw-Page Library
- Books, DVDs, CDs, and many other types of materials can be put on reserve
- Most physical items check out for 2 hours. Exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis (e.g., a 2.5 hour long film with check out for 3 hours)
- Physical items may not leave the library
- Videos can be viewed on one of the Library viewing stations; Audio CDs or Data CDs can be used with a Library computer. Headphones are also available for checkout
- Library copier/scanners can be used to make personal copies of reserve materials
- Most digital materials (e.g., articles, streaming video) that are assigned are posted in Canvas under the course in which they are assigned
- Where possible, digital materials should be linked directly from a library database (e.g., Kanopy, JSTOR), using a persistent link. Learn how to create a persistent link.
- Please include the full citation of any digital materials linked in Canvas, to aid students in citing materials accurately, and as a secondary access point in the event of a problem