Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Loom is a screencasting video recording tool that enables instructors to share their computer screen while recording a message or capturing a lecture for students. You can record your camera, microphone, and desktop simultaneously. Like Panopto and other online video recording tools, Loom offers the option to edit the recorded video. Loom is free to educators and students.
To set up your account:
- Navigate to https://www.loom.com/education
- Sign up for a free account
- Click Verify Education Account. This process can take up to 7 days
Learn how to:
- Record a presentation with Loom (video | text)
- Edit (trim) your Loom video (text)
Before making media available in Canvas, it should be closed captioned. Media can be closed captioned by uploading it to Canvas Studio or YouTube and then linking to the captioned media in Canvas.