Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Google Classroom Header
About Google Classroom
Google Classroom is part of R-MC's Google Suite (or G-Suite) that includes Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides. R-MC faculty, students, and staff enjoy unlimited cloud storage using their R-MC username and password. Documents in this storage space can be shared with others and accessed wherever you have internet access.
**Use the Chrome browser or download the Classroom App for best results
The key elements of using Google Classroom include the following. Click a link below to read the instruction. Click the browser's "Back" button to return to this page.
- Log into G-suite to access Google Classroom
- Create a Class
- Invite Students to the Class
- Communicate with your Class
[Note: Students will see the posts in Google Classroom and receive a copy in their R-MC Outlook email.]
- Create an Assignment
- Grade an Assignment
- Create a Short-Answer or Multiple-Choice Question
Log into G-suite to access Google Classroom
Log into your G-Suite account
Every R-MC member has a G-Suite account. G-Suite account is similar to a personal Google account but has more functionality. Faculty and students are already using G-Suite Apps, such as GoogleDocs and YouTube for teaching and learning.
To log into your G-Suite account, browse to https://www.google.com.
- On the top right corner, select Sign In. If you are already signed into a personal Google account, click on the image in the top right corner and select “Add another account.”
- Type your R-MC username and click “Next”. You will land on the R-MC Single Sign-on (SSO) screen:
- Enter your R-MC username and password to sign in.
Once you are signed in, your first-name initial appears on the top right (see the red arrow). Click the waffle menu (next to your initial) to see the Apps, including Classroom.
Invite Students to the Class
Invite Students to the Google Classroom
- Click the Class code (Arrow 1 in the screenshot).
- Select Copy invite link and paste it into an Outlook email. In the email, inform students that they must use their R-MC username and password to sign in and join the Class.
- You may also generate a Google Meet link, and email it to students if you plan to use Meet for video conferencing (Arrow 2). See how to use Google Meet.
To check if the student has joined the class, select the tab People.